Youth Night is Friday, June 1, 2018 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. in the Mississippi Coliseum in Jackson, MS. Click here to sign up.
Base Camp 2018 will be held July 5-9. This mission camp is open to all students 7-12th grades. $50 deposit is due now. Click here to download and print medical release & consent to transport forms. Other camp forms can be picked up in the church office.
OUR MISSION (What We Do)
FBCS Students exist to send out students that have a LOVE for Jesus and people, that seek to continually GROW in their faith, and SERVE Him faithfully.
OUR VISION (How We Do It)
To create an environment where students can mature in their relationship with Jesus and the Church family!
- Adult involvement: Partnering with parents and volunteers to equip students.
- Family environment: Surrounding students with a family environment nurtures genuine relationships, unites the Body of Christ, and encourages their relationship with Christ.
- Biblical Discipleship: Jesus commissions His disciples in Matthew 28:19-20 to make disciples. Our goal is to send out students that are disciples making disciples.
Every aspect of FBCS Student Ministry seeks to achieve the following goals:
- LOVE (Love God. Love Others): This goal teaches students that because we love God, we value His Word, and strive to live fervently to His Truth. In doing so we live lives that honor our Father and display our love for Him. This goal also teaches students that we are to love others more than we love ourselves. The purpose of this is evangelism and unity in the Body of Christ.
- GROW: This goal teaches students that we are lifelong disciples of Jesus that are to be in the process of making disciples. Students will be taught the spiritual disciplines and encouraged as they mature in Christ.
- SERVE: This goal teaches students that we are to live our lives on mission for the Kingdom. Students will have the opportunities to serve in many capacities reaching out locally, nationally and internationally. As we serve others we deny self and show the world the love of Christ.